UPDATED: Man electrocuted on train, flown to Vanderbilt

Deputies have released the name of a man who suffered electrical burns Friday afternoon in Crofton.

Twenty-five-year-old Michael Johnson of Seattle, Washington was stowed away on a CSX train hoping to make it from Chicago to South Carolina when he fell asleep in the electrical compartment, according to the Christian County Sheriff’s Department, which says he rolled over and made contact with equipment that shocked him with 3,000 volts.

His clothing and blankets caught fire and he sustained severe burns to his face and arms. Johnson received assistance from the train’s crew and EMS was called.

Johnson was taken to a landing zone and an Air Evac helicopter transported him to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.