Faulty space heater may be to blame for fatal fire in McLean Co.

Investigators believe a faulty space heater may have been to blame for a residential structure fire from early Saturday morning in the Sacramento community of McLean County that killed one person.

The fire in the 300 block of Garrett Street was reported to McLean County 911 about 8:45 a.m. and the Kentucky State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating to confirm a cause.

An autopsy will be performed Monday morning at the Regional Medical Examiner’s Office in Madisonville to confirm the victim’s identity.

Firefighters from the Sacramento and the McLean County Central volunteer fire departments responded to the scene, according to Kentucky State Police.