Oak Grove home damaged in kitchen fire

Photo from PVFD Facebook page

A home was damaged by fire Thursday afternoon in Oak Grove.

Firefighters were called to the Pembroke-Oak Grove Road residence a little after 12 p.m. Thursday for reports of a kitchen fire caused during cooking.  According to a Pembroke Volunteer Fire Department post, the blaze was contained to the kitchen thanks in part to the quick thinking of the homeowner, who closed a door as they evacuated the residence.

No one was injured.  The Oak Grove Volunteer Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Pembroke Volunteer Fire Department and Fort Campbell Fire Department.