Fire destroyed a home on East 12th Street Tuesday night.
The call of fire at 808 East 12th came out about 10 minutes before 6 p.m. and Hopkinsville Fire Department Deputy Chief Steve Futrell says heavy flames were coming from the structure when the first trucks arrived minutes later.
He says everyone inside was able to escape the burning home without injury and that three people will be displaced.
Homes on each side of the burned structure sustained exterior damage, but Futrell did not believe those residents would be displaced.
Captain Michael Pendleton says investigation determined the fire likely began with a space heater being too close to a curtain. Anyone wanting to assist the residents of the home should contact the local Red Cross.
Fire in 800 block of E 12th St. No injuries.
Posted by WHOP Hopkinsville, KY 98.7 and 95.3 FM and 1230 AM on Tuesday, December 11, 2018