Photo provided by HFD
The two Hopkinsville firefighters injured fighting a blaze at a home on Par Place Sunday night were treated and released from Jennie Stuart Medical Center.
That’s according to Captain Michael Pendleton, who says firefighters arrived at 212 Par about 8:15 p.m. to find smoke and fire coming from the upstairs and attic area.
The blaze did extensive interior damage and Pendleton says it will take a thorough investigation to determine exactly what started the fire due to the layout of the house.
The occupants of the home were able to evacuate safely.
Firefighters from all four stations responded and an additional crew was called in from off-duty.