Four displaced by cooking fire

A family of four was temporarily displaced by a cooking fire on Merriwood Parkway Thursday morning.

It happened about 11:30 a.m. at 429 Merriwood, with Hopkinsville Fire Department Captain Bill Pyle telling WHOP News at the scene that it began on the stove, spread to the cabinets and sent smoke throughout the home. He credited an exterminator crew who helped evacuate the family.

The residents of the home will be staying elsewhere until repairs can be made.

EMS checked out a child and one of the exterminators at the scene, but they did not need to go to the hospital.