Fort Campbell’s 531st Hospital Center returning home soon

About 270 soldiers assigned to Fort Campbell’s 531st Hospital Center will be coming home from COVID-19 relief efforts in New York in the next few days.

Fort Campbell and 101st Airborne Division Commander, Maj. Gen. Brian Winski said during a virtual town hall Tuesday night that the men and women of the 531st served their purpose well in hard-hit New York and they will be coming home through the weekend.

The soldiers are being tested prior to leaving New York, but will still be required to quarantine away from their families on Fort Campbell for 14 days when they return. Anyone who tests positive in New York will be required to stay there until they are clear of the virus.

Maj. Gen. Winksi says there are currently about seven coronavirus cases connected to Fort Campbell and only two are active duty soldiers. None of those individuals are hospitalized at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital.

Garrison Commander, Col. Jeremy Bell says Fort Campbell is looking at ways to safely release some of its COVID restrictions to safely begin resuming some sort of normal training operations.

Maj. Gen. Winksi says part of the changes at Fort Campbell will be reopening the child development centers, but it will come at a reduced capacity.

Fort Campbell announced earlier in the day that about 10 members of the 212th Medical Detachment recently deployed to provide medical support in Afghanistan.

https://www.facebook.com/FortCampbell/videos/525704804769307/?epa=SEARCH_BOX