The Hopkinsville Fire Department responded to Hopkinsville High School Wednesday afternoon for reports of the smell of smoke.
According to HFD Lt. Michael Pendleton, units responded to reports of the smell coming from the ceiling on the second floor. Only students around the area of the building involved were evacuated from the building as a precaution and there was no one injured during the incident.
Investigation determined that a ballast in a lighting fixture had gone out. Students were able to safely return to their classrooms.